Wednesday, June 28, 2017

'Nevada City' by Lisa Griffith

Hello Mixed Media & Art friends!
Lisa Griffith here with a grungy page inspired by our wonderful
new moodboard, which requires letters and a handmade background.

'Nevada City'


This layout turned out to be second in my mini series of pages with an Americana feel to them.
I imagined this elegant young lady as a daughter of the English industrial revolution who
immigrated to America looking for a new life. 
Following our amazing new moodboard, I created an intricate, messy background 
filled with lots of layers of heavy white gesso, letters stencils, and inks.

Here is the new challenge:


Here are a few details:




To alter my 2 Crafty Chipboard letters and gears, I first covered them in white gesso, and
heated then on high so that the gesso bubbles and cracks. Then I painted them unevenly
with a little bit of black watercolor, and then finally, embossed them in copper
embossing powder to give them an aged metallic look.


I hope that you feel inspired to join us :)
Lisa xo


9 comments:

Thank you for your comments